1. Religion & Spirituality
Molly Hall

There's Something About Aries Women

By April 3, 2007

When describing the Aries woman, astrologers often drop the name of the fictional Scarlett O'Hara. How can we forget her response to Rhett Butler after he carries her southward from a burning Atlanta and professes his love -- she slaps him and tells him she "hopes a cannonball lands slap on him." Scarlett breathes Aries fire, propelled by a ferocious instinct for survival, for which she is both scorned and admired.

With the Sun now in Aries, it's a good time to celebrate the warrior women among us, and our own fighting spirit. Aries women have been pioneers in their fields like Sandra Day O'Connor and Billie Holliday. Saucier Aries dames could not have been found than in the Golden Age divas Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. Today's Hollywood torch bearers include Reese Witherspoon, Kiera Knightley and the honorary Aries Angelina Jolie (she's a Gemini but with many Aries planets). Two real-life Aries celebrities got the chance to play one on TV -- Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy the Vampire (not Dragon) Slayer and Jennifer Garner in Alias.

The Aries-ruled woman acts, rather than reacts to those around her. To behold such an autonomous and aggressive woman is to be awestruck, but it's also provocative by its very nature. She often has to fight external and internal battles to be as big and dynamic as she really is. So, if you see a smoldering ember of the initiatory spirit in yourself or a girl friend, sister, mother, etc., go ahead and fan the flames.

image (c) Rasa Von Werder
Comments
April 9, 2007 at 5:48 pm
(1) Minnie Mouse says:

Scarlett O’Hara was written by a scorpio woman so she is more like a scorpion than an aries woman. I don’t see too many aries women having the conviction and courage to start all over from nothing (digging in the dirt)and rise as a phoenix as Scarlett did. I see them as having too much pride to put their hands in the dirt and farm as Scarlett had to.

April 10, 2007 at 7:36 pm
(2) astrology says:

Yes, both Margaret Mitchell and Vivien Leigh were Scorpios, and the fictional Scarlett could have been one, too. There are two things that sway me toward Aries with her — that she was never very secretive about her feelings for Ashley, and that her emotional responses are across the board more impulsively Arien than the controlled-Scorpio’s would be. Either way, she’s fiery and strong, as both Mars/Pluto Scorpios and Aries women are. thanks for your opinion.

May 12, 2007 at 1:14 pm
(3) Emerald says:

Margaret Mitchell, although Scorpio, meant Scarlett to be an Aries. She also planned out the other characters to be other signs. melanie, for example, was a cancerian.

As for the poster Minnie Mouse, what’s YOUR beef about Aries women not getting their hands dirty? Aren’t you generalising a little ittle bit – or has a ram gotten your goat?

July 25, 2007 at 12:27 pm
(4) another Aries says:

I think you are overlooking a major Aries babe – Lucy Lawless who played Xena (the Princess Worrier). Lucy and I are born on the same day, March 29th and I am very proud of the connection.
Talk about a True Aries Type – need I say more?

July 17, 2008 at 12:43 pm
(5) Lizzie says:

typical scorpian jealousy lol

July 17, 2008 at 12:52 pm
(6) Molly says:

Maybe Scarlett had a Scorpio Moon! As her love-hate relationships, death in marriage (twice), and jealousy would suggest. thanks for the comment, Lizzie!

July 23, 2008 at 1:36 am
(7) Bored Snape says:

I’m an Aries with the moon-sign Scorpio.. I think what Minnie Mouse says is true.. Most Ariens (not all) have no courage to start all over again from scratch..It’s a tedious thing and patience is not usually an Aries virtue.Yet,cause I’m an Aries too,I know for a fact that most Aries wouldn’t mind getting their hands dirty if what they sow would bring some sort of gain in their lives..either to realize something new or self rediscovery..

July 29, 2008 at 3:32 pm
(8) HONEYBUNS says:

MINNIE MOUSE YOU WOULDNT KNOW A THING, IM AN ARIES AND I HAVE STARTED ALL OVER FROM (SCRATCH) NOTHING AND IM AM VERY SUCCESFUL AND WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT

October 9, 2008 at 1:01 am
(9) ARIES ROCK says:

I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE BEING JEEOUS OF US ARIES WOMEN- GET OVER IT!

October 11, 2008 at 6:15 pm
(10) Kasper Bryson says:

First of all, Sarah Michelle Gellar starred in Buffy the VAMPIRE Slayer, not DRAGON Slayer.
Second of all, I am an Aries (Leo Moon, Scorpio Rising) and I dont think Scarlett O’Hara was an Aries.

October 12, 2008 at 10:19 am
(11) Molly says:

Dang, I’ll fix that — thanks….
I stand b-slapped by the aries crew.
Just jokin’ — carry on with your bad selves.

January 4, 2009 at 10:16 pm
(12) ally says:

How do you find out what your rising stars, and all that other stuff,are?? Thanks

January 5, 2009 at 8:55 am
(13) Molly says:

Hi Ally,

go to this link:
put in your birth info.
you can create a chart from that, and then scroll down, and it gives you a read-out of your other goodies like the moon and rising.

June 3, 2009 at 9:24 pm
(14) Jo x says:

Im a Aries women i hav so many times bin in the gutter. wit havin no middle ground im very easily to slip. just age 11 i was addict to cocane got board then i was addict to muscle steroids by 13 durin my gcses i was an registered alcoholic bu i stil cam out wit really gud grades then i was addict really addict to speed n then i was in an abusive relationship was in hospital now picked myself bac up im 20 single and have a 5 bed house and
Think if that never happen i would not be who i am today

June 8, 2009 at 11:22 pm
(15) RedArdor says:

Wow … Well Im an Aries woman. Maybe not typical, but then again that is slightly typical. I have always done things my own way – true. And in doing so I have fallen. But It is the fire that motivates Aries to Survive! WE wont accept defeat. I have no issues with getting down to the dirt of things to succeed. I have and I will do it over and over again. Aries Likes Challenge and that was not mentioned here. So I can totally see how Scarlett was portrayed as Arian. By the way, I love the Comment about Lucy being a warrior, … My Birthday is March 29th as well!

August 24, 2009 at 4:51 pm
(16) aries woman says:

Minnie Mouse:

I am an Aries and started from nothing TWICE! I don’t like getting dirt under my manicured fingernails. This is why I wear gloves.

Scarlett isn’t a real person but I am.

March 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm
(17) Lady Aries says:

What Minnie Mouse fails to realize is an Aries woman is nothing but conviction. I come from a family of 12 Aries women. Starting over has never been a problem for me because I never get the notion I may fail at anything and even when I have failed, it only makes me more determined to succeed. Secondly, as far as Aries women being afraid to get thier hands dirty…please! I’ve been in a room full of women acting fools over a spider or incapable of changing a flat because they feel its a mans job. Trust me an Aries woman would never have this problem. Although I can say we are charming enough to get any man we want to do it for us! lol!

May 9, 2010 at 11:20 am
(18) Judith says:

I think the difference between identifying an aries versus a scorpio is the brooding/planning. Aries don’t brood long before taking to fixing something. Both are direct but Aries are so immediately, not drawn out. Scarlett was instantaneous and regretted a lot. Much like an aries, action without thought. A scorpio, in my opinion, would react appropriately to a hurt, brood about it and then have a game plan.

May 31, 2010 at 2:18 am
(19) mimi says:

I disagree w/ the comment “I see them as having too much pride to put their hands in the dirt and farm as Scarlett had to.” Being an Aries myself (March 28) I know that we start and accomplish anything we set our minds to. On top of that, I have no problem getting my hands dirty, I garden as a hobby. I think ARIES ROCK is right, maybe you’re just jealous (you must not be an aries). We are natural born leaders, charismatic, courageous, inspiring, generous, trustworthy, and possess a vitality that cannot be easily matched. Minnie, your negative comment on an aries page can easily cause world war III because we have a fiery passion, even more so than that of my scorpio husband. We are the alphas of the zodiac and therefore we demand respect from you and everyone else and if you don’t like what I have to say then oh well, I’m an aries, with all the zeal and burning passion of this fire sign, and proud of it.

May 31, 2010 at 2:27 am
(20) mimi says:

Also, just to clear the air, my moon is also in Aries and I have started from scratch a few times. We are very courageous. And we like to live a comfortable lifestyles and if that means starting over then that is exactly what we will do.

June 18, 2010 at 11:00 pm
(21) ATRUERYDER23 says:

I have read the post and all of your comments. Being an Aries Sun with Scorpio Moon and Scorpio Rising, I am double firey and always have to check myself in terms of temper, calming myself down metally and creating a relaxed environment for myself in my home with my family. Scarlett O hara was a true Arian ready to do anything to survive evan if it meant getting her hands dirty, which I feel most arian women will do whatever it takes to survive. So yes she is definately a Arian. In terms of slapping Rhett Butler, I feel that Scarlett did this to show him that she felt the same way. I find that Aries women can be aggressive when showing their affection, not all the time. But this was also to let him know that she was an Independant women. That old Aries pride, “I can take of myself thing”….Lol….Great

August 2, 2010 at 10:08 pm
(22) Saumaria says:

Lol I can’t believe this article is here lol. I have just recently watched Gone With the Wind. I am an Aries and I was talking to my Scorpio sister about the movie and I said something about Scarlett O’Hara reminding me of an Aries woman and my sister said “No way she is a Scorpio” and so the debate began. My conclusion Aries and Scorpio are both ruled by mars so there is gonna be a lot of similarties. I feel like Scorpio woman are a little more Ruthless. Aries get angry and let our aggresion out pretty much immediately especially to protect a loved one. Scorpios will hold that aggression and use it to cut someone to the bone. Scarlett reminds me more of a Scorpio.

As far as the comments I agree with my fellow Aries we are capable of anything and like to do things our way at any cost. We have no problem getting our hands dirty :) I was always the one to handle the spiders too. and I agree with the aggresion when showing affection. We have a hard time expressing our feelings so sometimes it comes out arguing. Arguing is still a form of communication.
Go A Team!!

August 3, 2010 at 6:30 pm
(23) wildmother says:

Aires Moon and Aires Sun. I read Gone with the Wind over and over. She’s an Aries no doubt. Not subtle enough to be a Scorpio and oh Minnie Mouse, I’ve done the phoenix from ashes trick so many times and walking through walls. I think if she was a Scorpio , Rhett would not have gotten away and she would have gone for him in the first place. But Aires can be naive sometimes about their school girl crushes ( Ashleys). Shooting the intruder that came into the house while Melanie was ill was pure Aries. Lady Aries- 12 Aries Woman!!!

November 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm
(24) marilyn mcpherson says:

It’s so kool to read the things Aries are.

If others i know could read this and truly understand it then maybe they’d stop loving to hate on us.

I have many friends from different backgrounds and sometimes the friendship works for awhile but people don’t like honesty so the majority of my dearest friends are Aries, and i feel it’s because to truly understand us is to be one of us.

Opps sorry ’bout the novel.

November 18, 2010 at 3:16 pm
(25) marilyn says:

Lol i thought i’d join in the fun.

As an Aries women (7th April), we are strong, we get things done and tread where no one else will. We are true survivors and will face challenges head on without a thought to the consequences and why? because,someone has to do it and do it with style! Loyalty, respect, well you get it auom

April 16, 2011 at 8:35 am
(26) Elizabeth says:

I am a cancer with three younger sisters: a scorpio, an aries, and a virgo, in that respective order.

Trust me, Scarlett is an ARIES. To the T!

June 1, 2011 at 7:52 am
(27) romy1611 says:

I think that Scarlett was Scorpion, and c’ for that qu’ is; it n’ there had that Vivien leigh which interpreted the character so well!! Scarlett is manipulator and computer but cancer are not it, but the scorpions yes. As regards the feelings, towards Ashley it expresses to him because this n’ is qu’ a whim but towards Rhett it n’ never dare fear qu’ he makes fun d’ it!! what is typical scorpion.

June 9, 2011 at 5:45 pm
(28) An says:

Moon sign and rising star, together with Sun sign, make up a person. Scarlett could have a combination of Aries, Scorpio, and maybe even Gemini (remember how much of a social butterfly she was and how men just naturally flocked to her side). She was very headstrong and determined to succeed like an Aries and Scorpio, but her void of deep, meaningful relationships with both men and women suggested the dark side of a Scorpio. She was very much misunderstood and had to stand on her own throughout her life.

Most importantly, she was just a fictional character; a very great one, but still, she was not real. No one can, or ever will, be someone like her, let alone live a similar life. All of you should learn how to get over yourselves.

July 1, 2011 at 12:04 pm
(29) Ashbear says:

I believe Scarlett is more of a Scorpion for several traits:

- The emphasis on Scarlett’s “green eyes” which could sway men. Scorpions are known specifically for their physical trait of having these “powerful” eyes, which in the book, it was written that Scarlett wasn’t a “beautiful” girl, but she had the most persuading eyes.

- Scarlett is also very manipulative, and actually could handle, and control herself when the situation called for it — that is the difference. Because of the Mars that Aries and Scorpio share, they are prone to emotional outburst, and perhaps that is why Scarlett may be mistaken for an Aries. However, because Scarlett can put on a smile, and fake whatever it is she wants, it is the gift of deception and manipulation, how Scarlett can lure men into marriage undoubtedbly.

Scorpions can pull out their stingers and stab whoever it is they feel at the opportune moment. If you notice, Scarlett’s outbursts often take place when she knows there is only one person around conscious enough to perceive it, and that is the person on the receiving end of her lashings–she is very discreet, which is part of a Scorpion’s secretive trait.

- Scarlett does not wage all-out wars as an Aries might, as she could have done many things, and been horribly mean to Melanie (whom she disliked), but instead she kept up facades, as a Scorpio would.

- She is in fact, extremely loyal. If she was an Aries, she would probably have left Melanie in Atlanta to die, but because she promised Ashley that she would take care of Melanie, she remained loyal to her promise, and loyal to Ashley. A very Scorpion trait–Scarlett knows that she can win the battle later.

July 1, 2011 at 12:05 pm
(30) Ashley says:

- The Phoenix in Scorpios, their gift for death and rebirth, rising from the ashes, which occurs twice in the novel for Scarlett. First when she declares she will never go hungry again, and the last in the movie and book, where “Tomorrow is another day.” Which is a resounding sentence for all those who lose everything, and and must start again. A great trait of resilience, that Scorpios in the Zodiac are known for, (should they unlock that potential.)

As Margaret Mitchell was a Scorpion, may very well have based it off of herself… But if she meant to write an Aries, well she definitely wrote a Scorpio instead.

August 23, 2011 at 7:19 am
(31) flav says:

I think that the character being Aries in ” gone with the wind” this is Mrs Merriwether!

October 13, 2011 at 8:04 am
(32) nene says:

i am Aries (March 29),and i revel in being one.it’s a wonderful gift to be a strong independent woman who is naturally born to be a leader and with so much depth and emotion.it’s draw backs is that i am always spinning with so much ideas and inspiration that it brings on the migraine. i don’t think Scarlet O’hara is not one of us,she is so cold and manipulative,Aries women are not like that. love her bold and sassy nature .

November 6, 2011 at 11:25 am
(33) Miss Scarlett says:

Hello, I see that the character of Scarlett fascine and creates debates. I also think it is scorpio. But I hold a blog on this film and j’ have to create an article on the signs astrological of the principal characters, but j’ have a light doubt about the sign of the character of Ashley. If you could to help? here the bond of article thank you advances.

November 25, 2011 at 7:41 am
(34) PINKDIAMOND101 says:

YALL CRAZY SCARLETT O’HARA IS AN ARIES.

WHY YALL THAT JEALOUS OF ARIES WOMEN? CUZZ WE’RE THE BEST, RIGHT! SCORPIOS HAVE NUTTHIN’ THEY’RE BUNCH OF SENTIMENTAL JEALOUS LOSERZ!
ARIES IS A FIRE SIGN, SCORPIO IS A WATER SIGN!
WATER IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH PASSION, DUH!

ARIES WOMEN CAN RISE FROM THE DUST ANYTIME
JUSS’ FaK OF YALL SCARLETT WAS AN ARIES!!!

November 25, 2011 at 7:48 am
(35) PINKDIAMOND101 says:

OH YES AND SHE WAS AN ARIES CUZZ SHE WAS VERY FEMININE AND PRETTY OUTSIDE BUT MASCULINE INSIDE!! GOSH SHE ROCKED THAT STORY!!

SHE HAD A
LEGENDARY BEAUTIFUL FACE
GREEN CAT-LIKE EYES
BEAUTIFUL EYELASHES
BIG BREASTS
HOURGLASS SHAPE
BEAUTIFUL LEGS
CUTE SMALL HANDS & LEGS

THESE TRAITS R SHOUTIN ARIES!!!

November 25, 2011 at 7:56 am
(36) PINKDIAMOND101 says:

SCORPIOS ARE UGLY BITCHEZ THEY ARE NOT SEXY NOR FEMININE. SCARLETT AIN’T NO SCORPIO CUZZ THEY ARE FAKE AZZ MOFOS (N SHE WAS NOT LYK DAT) WH0 THINK THEIR SEXY BUT THEY ARE NO RIGHT.

IN ADDITION: ONCE I HAD A SCORPIO FRIEND SHE WAS SO FUKKEN UGLY INSIDE N OUT OMGEE!!!

SO ONCE AGAIN: THE WRITER OF THIS BOOK COULD BE A SCORPIO BUT SCARLETT AIN’T NO SCORP.

SCARLETT O’HARA = ARIES!!

DEUCES YALL

ღ┌─┐ ─┐ღ
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒ ┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

November 26, 2011 at 7:39 am
(37) vero says:

this is very funny to see everyone fight to know which sign is Scarlett.but its is not useful has anything, because I think that l’ author wrote a book so that all the women recognize themselves a little in her character. In all way this is a character of fiction. If not PINKDIAMOND101 your arguments n’ no direction has, because to say that the Scorpion n’ is not an impassioned sign proves that you n’ there know nothing has astrology because this sign is known to live all intensely and passionately because it is controlled by Pluto and March. And then you can say your opinion without having has to insult the others which think another thing. Still Scarlett once is a character of fiction and thus imaginary one cannot thus allot an astrological sign to him only to make assumptions.

November 26, 2011 at 7:47 am
(38) vero says:

and I do not defend the scorpio because I am aquarius.

December 3, 2011 at 5:23 pm
(39) Linda says:

I read this book and Scarlett immediately reminded me of my Aries friend born on March 27.

but guess what? My friend has a Scorpio moon and Pluto rising so I guess we will never know.

December 3, 2011 at 5:27 pm
(40) LibraQueen says:

Scarlett was too much of a social butterfly to be a Scorpio. She seemed too much like an Aries because as soon as she could have had Ashley she didn’t want him anymore. Only an Aries would love a guy and then just be over him like nothing.
Scorpios are obsessive in a serious manner.
Aries are childlike and so was Scarlett.

I vote for Aries!!!!!!!:D

December 4, 2011 at 8:48 am
(41) romy1611 says:

do not know too much. For me it would be more Scorpion because in the book it always seeks has to guess the feelings of Rhett Butler, he is also described; she likes to be a mystery for the men. It also very rancorous towards Rhett to ridicule it when it can and always hopes for it to take the top on him. However a Aries and has my direction not rancorous. A Aries would have had the top on Rhett. But I think that the character ace much of Common point run with the Aries and the Scorpio because Margarett Mitchell was a Scorpio But David O’ Selznick was a Aries thus it ace of these two signs in the character of Scarlett. Although I always leaned for the scorpio which has its love for Tara.

May 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm
(42) saelynne says:

Scarlett O’Hara may have been written by a Scorpio but she is an Aries through and through. Her boldness and fire; her stubbornness and outgoing nature speak of an Aries woman.

May 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm
(43) coco says:

I vote Scorpio. I am a double scorp, (sun and moon) and we do react emotionally and speak very impulsively, ( I don’t know why so many of you think we don’t!) then regret it, then brood, then fix it. Her total obsession with Ashley reminds me of me….I have 2 Aries friends, and although very passionate and fiery, NEVER obsessed.

January 13, 2013 at 8:24 am
(44) sue says:

I have wondered this in the past. I think she was an aries but the only things that are not arien is the way she used ex convicts in her lumbar business, I think that an aries would have to much heart and sympathy and the other thing was the way she was whipping the horse till it dropped dead on the way back to tara and did not bat an eye lid, I think an aries would have to much compassion for animals. One last thing Scarlett said she hated Melanie but I don’t think an aries would “hate” the other woman but rather see her as a real challenge. I do not think hating is a typical aries trait. Generally though I she acted like an aries.

January 13, 2013 at 8:35 am
(45) sue says:

Actually I have just thought about that and I take that back, I think an Aries would hate the other woman ALOT. Am an aries my self so I am just trying to imagine. She could be a scorpio but that is only cos of mars. There is no other sign I would say she was apart from aries or scorpio but I think a scorpio but be less out spoken.

January 16, 2013 at 9:34 am
(46) Olivia says:

Aries woman rule… Period, and why is everyone arguing about a fictional character’s zodiac sign? She could have been a damn capricorn for all we know… I’m pretty sure when Margaret Mitchel wrote the nove she wasn’t basing Scarlett around a specific zodiac sign. But I would like to say Aries are the type of girls that one they put their mind on something they will stop at nothing to get it (Scarlett with Tara) so don’t percieve Arian women as prissy little dainty things. Also saying the whole not leaving Melanie to die in Atlanta thing is a Scorpio trait is complete and utter BULLSHIT that is just human nature… You don’t leave someone to die period… I’m sure any person who isn’t completely derranged would stay with her… Period.

January 21, 2013 at 12:20 am
(47) Morte Imperator says:

I honestly think that Scarlet is a Scorpio with a Moon in Aries in the book.

Undoubtedly an Aries Sun in the movie, but in the book she controls herself waaaaaayyyy tooo much (esp. when trying to get what she wants) to be an Aries.

She’s alsssooooo toooo ridiculous self-centered to be the stereotypical Aries Sun.

I’m also easily adding Pisces Rising. Seriously she’s in succch a fantasy wooorrrlll to the point of sheer absurdity and only someone with a powerful Pisces placement could be in that. She’s described in the book as fair skinned and having small feet and her eyes are described enough times as beautiful or similar adjectives for me to have no doubt to say Scarlet matches the Pisces Rising physical descritpion spot on.

In addition her ability to charm men so easily is sooooo Pisces Rising and her personality intrigues men, another Pisces Rising trait.

January 21, 2013 at 9:15 am
(48) Molly says:

Excellent insights about Scarlett. Was just watching it last night with husband (his first time!) and it crossed my mind that Melanie was Pisces (rose-colored glasses, compassionate). I could see Scarlett with Pisces Rising – yes – the spell she puts men and her delusions, wanting to live in cozy bubble, play the little girl – many sides to her personality, also the surprise moments of kindness.

January 24, 2013 at 6:08 pm
(49) Morte Imperator says:

Having just got passed Page 600 and almost finishing the book, I hold my opinion stronger than ever

I also watched the movie 2 nights ago-at least Part 1 before the intermission (I’m waiting to finish up the book before going to Part 2) and I honestly have no doubt she’s an Aries Sun in the movie. I’m leaning toward Scorpio Moon (not to sure yet, got to watch the rest of the movie to critique her characterization in that adaptation) but I’m sticking with Pisces Rising for the same reasons as in the book.

Melanie I agree she’s probably a Pisces Sun with a Moon in Cancer (the way sacrifices she was willing to make during the time at Tara before Scarlet married Kennedy) so far. She’s very sweet. As for the Rising Sign, hmmm I’d go for Capricorn for how shy she was at the beginning at the story and the fact she loved reading (Sagittarrius is a great alternative).

January 24, 2013 at 6:10 pm
(50) Morte Imperator says:

There was more but the space is limited so 2 more posts coming up.

Ashley I would say is a Sagitarrius Sun with a Moon in Pisces and Aquarius Rising. One person argued in an online site that he’s probably PIsces for being so dreamy and living in a fantasy land. While I agree he’s living in the past, thats not enough to make him Pisces IMO because so many other Southerners share the same views he does. I would say he’s definitely Sagittarrius with his honorable personality that remains intact so far as I read (up to over P.600). Moon in Pisces easily because of his love for refined things like books and music and that also explains his fantasy land..

I think Aquarius is most liktely his Rising. He’s an intellectual and early on he gives that aura but I wouldn’t say he’s Libra or Gemini because for someone stuck int he past, his willpower is VERY STRONG.Continually volunterering in the Confederate Army and bearing through various hardships from cold winters without boots to seeing so many men die is enough proof ASHLEY IS NOT A WIMP no matter how dillusional he is-any one who says so ought to try to run 1 mile at 6 MPH (hardly much for a battle hardened soldier like Ashley) and try to come out of the run strong and high.. Yes he is delusional. but the fact he survived through the Civil War with his honor intact is PROOF enough of his willpower.

January 24, 2013 at 6:10 pm
(51) Morte Imperator says:

I would have said Libra Rising because of his description as very handsome, but Libra Rising is often a Sign of Weak Willpower.

In addition by the time Scarlet stayed in Atlanta for 2+ years, by the time Ashley returned for a brief visit, Mitchell describes him as having developed a lean powerful body after all the marching and fighting. Aquarius Rising is renown for granting strong stamina and Libra Rising is not particularly know for muscular body-AFAIK the most a typical Libra Rising could developed is a toned body (obviously skinny and athletic but no visible muscle even with shirt taken off is what I know is a “Toned Body”).

Rhett oh hands down at Leo Moon and Scorpio Rising. I’d put Taurus as Sun Sign because of his patience for Scarlet and his later affection for Bonnie (haven’t gotten there yet) as well as his ability to remain cool in dangerous situations like the Siege of Atlanta

Leo Moon hands down-Dashing and (before they learned of his nasty side) women flock to him. Despite being outcasted by his family, is heartbroken mother remains the only member to still love him as a sonand Rhett implies similar affection (Leo Moon trait). If it wasn’t for the fact that he’s so nasty, I would say he gives a regal impression. In addition Rhett also becomes very rich and Moon in Leo is renown as favorable for finances and Rhett also loves luxuries, something Moon in Leo indulges in.

January 24, 2013 at 6:11 pm
(52) Morte Imperator says:

Scorpio Rising no doubt. His incredibly nasty personality (particularly killing the brother of a girl he insulted as a “Stupid Fool” without an ounce of remorse in a duel) and his ability to repel or lure in people easily. He’s open about the stupidity of Patriotism and the South’s Customs so (Scorpionic trait) and he recovered from things that would destroy even Scarlet. In addition Rhett is so selfish and only the Leo Moon prevents him from stooping as low as Scarlet. Physically he is spot-on as a Scorpio Rising with dark skin, dark hair, and a muscular body (though he is taller than the average Scorpio Riser).

I should know I’m both a Leo Moon and Scorpio Rising man and I instantly recognized the vibe of both placements as Rhett comes back to the story at various point.

To add I think Rhett has several important planets in Aquarius and powerful aspects to those planets as he brings a very strong intellectual vibe that shows he obviously does his research (it doesn’t help of his scoff of Southern Culture and his emphasis on the need for change)

What do you think?Sorry for several postts, space is so limitteeed.

We’ll see if I still hold the opinion for Ashley and Melanie by the novel’s end but I have no doubt about Rhett’s placements and Scarlet’s placements. I’ll also post on their movie counterparts placements later.

January 25, 2013 at 9:28 pm
(53) Lynne says:

I’m an Aries Woman, And I don’t agree at all what Minnie said about Aries
Feels like they cant get their hands dirty..Get the F out of here. You don’t know any True Aries women as myself. I don’t know what scarlett was,, but Aries women are some the Strongest women in the Zodiac.
My Grand Mother, my Sister, and Myself are Aries. We are sensitive and strong, loyal and friendly until someone crosses us.
We are Head strong and stubborn but that is because we don’t like being pushed around lied to or Most of all Manipulated by anyone. Playing F’n Games.

January 25, 2013 at 9:44 pm
(54) Lynne says:

And By the way… Most Scorpios I know in general. Are arrogant, Sneaky as Hell. Likes to hurt people and belittle others. Vengeful, Surly. Likes to play Mind games. Misleading on purpose, Malicious. And most of the time you don’t know what you have done to them to make them this way. So my opinion is: They are instinctively like wild animals. And that is only good in bed.

January 26, 2013 at 9:15 am
(55) Flav says:

Lynne scorpios are not all as you like think. only thing is that Aries Sands are only little power as dictator Hitler. what him? Silent for a B? Lier.Ils do not support that other people think differently On never know what sign was Scarlett O’Hara. Me I am proud Scorpio be because we like Scorpions heart the ber Grace Kelly, the most beautiful princess.
Besides her to see others give their opinions and why they think Scarlett could be another Sign. the Aries Sands them insult other sign to prove they are right that contribute nothing to the discution

Aries: Hitler
Scorpio: Grace Kelly

January 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm
(56) sue says:

I also agree that Scarlett had pisces rising which gave her such romantic dreamy qualities and the ability to enchant men in such a way. I still think her sun sign was aries. She was a true heroine. Am reading the sequel at the moment by Alexandra Ripley. Am on the seventh chapter and it is very good.

January 31, 2013 at 7:57 am
(57) romy1611 says:

I still think the character is strongly influenced Scarlett? by scorpion or Aries.
The history of the book is low thus the war plan March you but then there’s the reconstruction of a nation, a civilization, a city and there’s also Tara.Il transformation Scarlett maiden frivolous and capricious it becomes a strong woman and all these insensitive governments can be assimilated Pluto has the master scorpion.I ‘hesitate site in the book I would say it is because it is a scorpio embroidered it often when she has no money she expects from rich to be telling people what she thinks of them, so I would say the book scorpio and sun Moon Aries.But can be brought in the film because it is the opposite in the film is much more impulsive.
But some are passing really think it is scorpion.comme the heart lNumber sc? Did or Rhett Butler grabs the bottom of the stairs, their scene Only love isCriteria such as fear, shadow and dead .Then when Scarlett is sick it embroidered on her husband to call his cot s fear of rejection which is typical of a scorpio . like any other scene where she prefers to contain and fight with Rhett rather than confess his feelings for fear that her laugh and also as I said earlier it is extreme extremely spiteful Dr. Rhett Butler to humiliation and ridicule he inflicted before the war and when she goes to see him in prison. There’s also the fact that Scarlett is not a very good mother as I know several women who are aries really good mother .then the reasons that lead me to the scorpio.
But what is certain is that it is one of the two.
@ Sue After I displeased the era but I’ve even read “Rhett Butler people” which is quite different to have you read?

January 31, 2013 at 7:59 am
(58) romy1611 says:

@ Flav ,I love Grace Kelly me too!!!!!

April 14, 2013 at 5:03 pm
(59) Khadijah says:

Oh stop it. Scarlette was an Aries woman… do the research and stop going off of emotions and hate.lol her love/ hate and fiery relationship with Ret was a display of passion between an Aries woman and a Leo man (blazingly Hot ) and Aries woman (in love with the thought of being in love…especially with a man she can not have) that would be “hilary” in the film…she only wanted him because he was such a challenge for her..I bet he was a Taurus tho. That gal was all Aries. please stop the hate. ps. I dont know too many Scorpio women who can live without a man, no disrespect.