The Eagle flew into my Medicine Cards today, a timely sign to connect with the element of air. There's anticipation in the atmosphere, here at the eve of the (air sign) Gemini New Moon and Solar Eclipse (Sunday, May 20th.) From the guidebook, "Air is of the mental plane, and in this instance it is of the higher mind. Wisdom comes in many strange and curious forms and is always related to the creative force of Great Spirit."
The Gemini New Moon chart shows the Sun and Moon within orb to the South Node (at 5 Gemini). The South Node is the evolutionary past and as an astrologer friend described it long ago, the inheritance. So one theme here is busting up thought-frames created by the mind or "inherited" by the programming of culture, but that now feel limiting. Like the eagle, it's time to go beyond "walking in the shadows of former realities."
Eclipses always come in a two-fer, and the next is a partial lunar eclipse, with Full Moon in Sagittarius. The chart for the June 4th Full Moon/Eclipse, shows Sun-Venus-Mercury in Gemini, with the messenger forming an exact trine to Saturn in cardinal air sign Libra. One impression of the pair of eclipses, for me, is gaining balance and stability, by releasing crazymaking or outgrown thought habits. The June 4th eclipse will activate Mars (Virgo), for putting the new awareness into daily practice.
I'm sensing the need to unravel, psychically roam and create a New Moon collage now, so will see you on the other side! Here are more themes for this eclipse cycle:
- Moving from absorbing and collecting others' information, into expressing a synthesis of what's true for you.
- Unsubscribing from/unfollowing people and newsletters that are not adding to your knowledge.
- Demonstrating a commitment to your new, more expansive and fluid worldview.
- Finding some psychic space in stillness, to rest in, imagine, digest what you've taken in.
- Letting go of habits in conversation that you know aren't "who you are" anymore.
- Giving yourself freedom to move forward, even if very few are on the same page.
- Looking for ways to share your wisdom, putting your authentic voice out there in the collective stream.
- A sense of seeing as if from above, to get some much-needed distance from any current stresses.
- Seeking a vision or personal philosophy that'll keep you encouraged through dark times.
- Falling in love with the adventure of growing in knowledge, with so much accessible now.
- Healing physically, as the mind is released from toxic thought streams.