1. Religion & Spirituality
Molly Hall

Mercury is Direct, Truth Sets Us Free

By November 26, 2012

The epiphanies really start popping in the weeks AFTER Mercury comes out of retrograde. So Mercury going direct today (5:47 pm est) is the start of a potentially awesome sage-ing process. Isn't wisdom in high demand these days? With this retrograde, all the psychic digging and remembering, can bring on a perceptual breakthrough -- an awakening. In signs of Scorpio, and then Sagittarius, the mind seeks inspiration, soul meaning, and visions for the future. Mercury will be in direct shadow to December 15th, for realizations about what's already on your mind and in your deepest thoughts.

More possible themes for Mercury Retrograde in Scorpio/Sagittarius (and to December 15th).

• Vividly seeing where old dramas and traumas keep you from growing out, to use a gardening term, and where as a result you're stunted, or need a good cutting back (of what's dead).
  • Reconnecting with confidantes and friends, or seeing room to call in soul mates that widen, not narrow, a sense of the possible.
  • Recalling an intense memory, possibly something buried, and even experiencing the emotions of it, particularly shame, guilt, disgust. Seeing it in context and healing/integrating it.

I experienced something wierd -- a memory meld -- that speaks to the Neptunian flavor of this eclipse/Mercury retro period. I remembered an incident at college, where I was placed with a black roommate and then requested a transfer. It made me ashamed and alarmed at myself, and my Mom (who I told) said it didn't sound like me. The next day while driving, I recalled that it was another girl who told that story, and it was HER experience, not mine. And how when she told the story to us, laughing about it, HER insensitivity and small town Southern prejudices made me ashamed.

That's so illustrative of Neptune (loss of psychic boundaries) and Mercury retrograde complete with the shame of a taboo event (Scorpio), that I had to share. It makes me wonder what else I've taken on as mine, that's not! I looked into memory transference, and found this on transfering memories through touch. A young woman who spent time with a dying elder somehow absorbed all her memories! This also makes me think of the dramas and traumas that linger in regions or families. And the psychic-emotional wounds that when healed have a freeing effect. This is a great time to ponder those deep questions, and seek out gifted healers.

Have you had any strange phenomenon or insights? Mercury in Scorpio, going direct later, adds speed to the process, and could enhance divination, the creative process and knowing what to kill off and what to revive. Mercury stays in superpsychic Scorpio to December 10th, and will come out of shadow when it hits 4 degrees Sagittarius (December 15th). The truth sets us free, and releases locked up energies. Enjoy your week!

Comments
November 26, 2012 at 12:33 pm
(1) Melissa says:

Extraordinary how your memory assumed the actions of another. It happens way to often I believe, especially as the world seems to be moving at a faster pace.

I had an event last night where my mind went into deep memories of childhood and brought up images I had not recalled since being a child. They were painful memories, but I chose to take that moment to put forgiveness out and undo all karmic ties with this person, so that we both could be free to move positively forward. I then saw how the anger in that person had shaped my outlook on something I struggled with even up to that hour. I too had absorbed their actions/beliefs and it was stuck within me. I then forgave myself and now look forward to a healthier relationship with myself. A new awakening for certain.

Thank you for this very enlightening article Molly. Many blessings! I always enjoy your work.

November 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm
(2) Mel says:

Have been processing so much & letting go emotionally of so much… Re-shifting priorities around what’s doable *now*. An important insight/intention has been to “get lighter” in my relationship to Information. (internet knowledge, books, classes, etc – not be such a slave to it, having to absorb it all!!) And really in my relationship to life in general.

Had my eye on Mercury stationing direct today… Emptied out my heart crying last night… layers & layers, around a certain situation… that I didn’t know were still in there!! Considering all the other healing work I’ve done lately… sheesh!

I feel that I am starting a whole new life today. I’m a new person. Did a small ritual to commemorate where I’ve gotten to & am wearing bright red today… a color that I connect to Aries energy & new beginnings.

It feels good.

November 26, 2012 at 12:59 pm
(3) Molly Hall says:

This memory meld I had reminded me of my favorite Mark Twain quote — I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.

I could modify it, “I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened TO ME.” I am no angel, though, and have definitely done things I wish I hadn’t!

You describe a VERY important part of this remembering and that’s letting go, to be able to move forward. Thank you for sharing that beautiful example of remembering the past, and seeing how it’s shaped the present…that energetic structure that’s often so much a part of who we’ve become that we can’t see it.

I had a similar series of breakthroughs because I gave my sister an astro reading. By its nature, this kind of reading is going to have wonky boundaries (sister/sister), which I acknowledged at the outset. She has Moon square Neptune and square Saturn. And I have Moon square Pluto — very intense and similar challenges…and I learned from her ‘mother issues’ since we have the same one. Particularly, I became aware of going into ‘self-protection’ mode, typical of the Cancer nature, but it creates loneliness for my Gemini Moon. And the need for friendships with emotional trust, but also a lot of understanding on the idea-level. And looking at where I’ve got that, and where I could really reach out for more.

Thanks again for commenting!

November 27, 2012 at 1:38 pm
(4) Maureen says:

Recently, I have become aware of how a life-long sense of shame/not good enough/not deserving has inhibited and undermined everything I have encountered. I have not failed at everything, but I have not thrived….due to aforementioned, I have put others first always, at the expense of self/abandonment of self. So, I have recently begun intense transformation therapy do identify my feelings, my wants, my self, and give my permission to put me first….and others will not die if I do not put them first….so I am cutting away at my fear, my old old wounds and untruths to open up and grow my self. This all sort of came together in the last month…beginning november 1st…..

M

November 28, 2012 at 3:56 pm
(5) kymberle says:

i finally figured out my last relationship i wanted to know what i did wrong.
nothing, he has all the characteristics of a sociopath. go figure,i’d never heard of the word before and came across o n the internet. i am relieved.

November 28, 2012 at 4:29 pm
(6) Molly says:

Mel – really relate to what you said about LETTING GO of that need to absorb info. Lovely ritual.

Maureen – Amazing breakthroughs there !!! This is a big leap, especially for women, as many of us tend to put others first.

Kymberle, Last night I saw an article about the Prince Harming Syndrome and was wondering — how to blog on this.
The traits of the psycopath (surely a close cousin to the sociopath:)

Glibness
Extreme charisma
Need to always be doing something
Feelings of high self-worth
Pathological lying
Proneness to boredom
Emotional unavailability

If I knew then what I know now, I would take a long time getting to know people, the author of this article says to see past the ‘personality’ to the character because that’s the foundation. I too had my share of anguish from falling for a prince harming.