1. Religion & Spirituality
Molly Hall

Saturn Retrograde to July 8th - Buried or Bound Potential

By February 18, 2013

Let's take note that Saturn is retrograde starting today, winding back from 12 degrees Scorpio to 5 (on July 8th). Saturn comes off as a cosmic baddie, because of the ringed-one's association with limits, and structures that grow too fixed. In retrograde, there's a revisiting, of the order of things, and in Scorpio, it's about the psyche itself.

Saturn is in a fixed water sign Scorpio, and this can portend a time of self discovery, with more inner show downs during the retrograde period. Don't forget that Scorpio is a sign of emotional courage -- this bodes well for profound healing, facing what we've been too afraid to face.

One way this can manifest is by becoming aware of these parts of the self that are in deep freeze. With Saturn so close to Neptune (and with Mercury Rx in Pisces), for much of the retrograde, the arts and spiritual practices are tools for self-transformation. The gift there is the release, and more of the soul's energy is with you, in the present. If you've felt that a part (or parts) of you are out of range somehow, this is a good time to gently coax them out of the shadows.

The lunar eclipse on April 25th looks to be a doozie, with the Moon conjunct Saturn, and these all in opposition to the Sun, Mars and Venus. That's looking explosive, where what's been stuffed down goes walkabout, like demons unleashed. Yikes! A situation that's been intolerable can hit a dead end, and true feelings come out with a fury. Or actions can be taken based on the intensity of the moment, when it's wiser to wait until the storm blows over.

Other Potentials for Saturn Retrograde (February 18 to July 8th):
  • Becoming unmeshed from a toxic relationship -- disentangling finances, getting to roots of where they are hooked into your soul/psyche.
  • Dealing with repercussions from the past, a debt, a tax concern or shared responsibilities.
  • Looking at control, yours or anothers -- unravel a situation that's binding your energies.
  • Developing latent psychic gifts -- for healing, creativity, building confidence.
  • Daring to explore the roots of dis-ease, instead of controlling the symptoms.
Getty Images
Comments
February 19, 2013 at 4:09 am
(1) Liz says:

Thanks for this great piece, dear Molly – very helpful. Was beginning to splash around in all the lovely Piscean energy – but Saturn retrograde is hitting hard – have Scorpio moon and rising, and feel as if the brakes have been slammed hard suddenly, quite melancholy too, and oh those Saturn lessons are never-ending! hey ho…xx

February 19, 2013 at 8:39 am
(2) Emma Vogt says:

Have been grappling with weird health issues for 5 years and have been going to various therapies for healing the symptoms…now with one clean sweep, I found a solution to deal with the core issue. It has been deep powerful work and am glad that I finally broke through the other Side and can have my old young Life back! Thanks for all the enlightening support.

February 19, 2013 at 8:47 am
(3) Jacki says:

Same here, vere melancholy, can’t seem to get away from the emotions. I know I have alot going on but I can usually compartmentalize it. Thats all wanting to merge or so it seem.

February 19, 2013 at 9:26 am
(4) BJ Best says:

I am usually pretty even-keeled, no drama. But there has been so much going on with me and around me lately, I have no choice but to sit back and watch the unfolding. Can’t wait to see how it all turns out.

February 19, 2013 at 11:44 am
(5) Maya says:

Thanks for the insightful, heartful reflections you do. As one who confuses easily, April 25 is a LUNAR eclipse?

February 19, 2013 at 12:50 pm
(6) Molly says:

Thanks for that Maya – yes, it’s a lunar eclipse, with Saturn exactly conjunct Saturn and opposite planets in Taurus.
Then there’s a Solar eclipse on May 8th with the New Moon at 20 Taurus, followed by another Lunar eclipse at 5 Sagittarius on May 25th. So it’s Lunar-Solar-Lunar, a solar eclipse sandwich, so to speak….

February 20, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(7) karen thomas says:

wow,

scorpio sun & ascendant, pisces moon.
open to suggestions!!!

February 21, 2013 at 5:19 am
(8) Tony says:

Karen, you think YOU’VE got problems? Try Pisces Sun, Scorpio moon & ascendant! (It will take a lot of emotional courage indeed!)

February 23, 2013 at 8:17 am
(9) JD says:

As always Molly, very enlightening stuff. A few days ago, I had an intense dream which turned into a nightmare – the last thing I heard before waking up was a dog barking. I ended up telling my boyfriend about the dream, then all the backstory of it – it was essentially about an ex-fiancÚ and why it just didn’t work out. I don’t think he was necessarily paying attention to me ramble, but it felt good let it out, so now he knows.