1. Religion & Spirituality
Molly Hall

Pluto in Capricorn: Falling Apart, Cracking Open

By October 7, 2013

A few days ago on our farmlet, we had an egg that didn't hatch out, but we could hear the tiny chirping from inside. Meanwhile the hen had left the nest, and was moving on with her growing clutch of three. I was holding my breath, wondering if the wee chick would crack through and...soon. There was a happy ending -- the chick hatched overnight, and is catching up with the others.

This time we live in has been likened to a birth, or a cracking apart of an old outgrown shell. And I recently heard sociologist Kingsley Dennis -- talking about feminine consciousness -- make the point that birth is unique to the feminine experience. This might seem a given, but it led to musing again on the regeneration of the feminine and Pluto in Capricorn.

So often, the regeneration of Pluto during this transit is laid out in terms of the economic system and big business. -- as associations of Capricorn. But the system of commerce we have today is fairly new. It's looking now unstable, and perhaps in its cracking apart, something more organic will take its place.

This is a long journey with Pluto in Capricorn (to 2025), and being an earth sign, that makes it a feminine sign. The masculine and feminine in astrology are like Yin and Yang in Chinese (Tao) philosophy -- they are complimentary, natural forces. With cardinal earth Capricorn, the feminine Yin is worldly and ready to bring emotional intelligence to bear, in shaping culture.

Pluto is the only planet in an earth sign now, and is a powerful ally-force for cracking out of ill-fitting and artificial matrices. A big challenge now for many is to break the spell of social conditioning, and this idea that things are set in stone and the way it'll always be. Pluto in its destroyer mode will show us that's not true, even with things that appear solid-for-all-time, like power hierarchies. There is something deeper and more lasting to be dug up, ancient and timeless ways of living in harmony with the planet.

So even if it seems things are falling apart, especially here in the U.S., let's keep alert to what is uncovered -- when the outer shell falls away. It might herald the birth of something more down to earth.

Key Wilde/Getty Images
Comments
October 7, 2013 at 5:44 pm
(1) Wendy says:

I can only hope that a new and saner life is born from the old shell of patriarchal regimes. While birth is painful and scary, yes, new life always carries with it the hope for a better life than the one before it. We are a little overdue for a new world order. But it will come. Great analogy, Molly. The chick is doing well now, I presume?

October 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm
(2) Melanie says:

Wendy, I assume you don’t mean “New World Order” in the totalitarian sense. Please be aware that there is a certain negative connotation to that phrase out there on the internets… #nwo <3

October 8, 2013 at 4:25 am
(3) Liz says:

Thank you for this, Molly. I just listened to this great Ted talk, which gave me hope:

October 8, 2013 at 5:56 am
(4) Wendy says:

Dear Melanie, you are correct that I do not mean NWO in the sense that you describe. I was remiss in the use of that term considering how some might perceive my meaning to be something different than I intended. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

October 9, 2013 at 5:03 pm
(5) Molly says:

Hi Wendy,
The chick is doing well…happy to say.
Here’s an <a href=”http://www.wildbeefarmlet.com/1/post/2013/10/henriella-her-chicks-audio.html”> audio I did today of the group.</a> In the irst one, HEnriella is irked with me or following them around…. ; )
Thank you for asking.

October 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm
(6) Elizabeth says:

Several times this week I’ve felt the ethereal shedding of my self. I’ve stopped myself in the mist of self damaging thoughts or repetitive daily routines and seen in my mind’s eye the shedding of my skin or unzipping of my skin, letting it fall to the ground. This chick you’ve written of is a beautiful symbol of rebirth.

October 16, 2013 at 12:02 am
(7) ira krause says:

always value your understanding
here is an egg to crack and share the opening
find wisdom and understanding with http://www.idamigle.com thus share
with others and the media