- I do know the effect that music still has on me - I'm completely vulnerable to it. I'm seduced by it.
- I'm a culture vulture, and I just want to experience it all.
- We probably, as primitive people, made music before we actually had a language, and that's where language comes from.
I look for a role that hopefully I feel empathy with and that I can understand and love, but also that has that challenge for me to play-a different kind of role, a different type of character, a different time period.Sandra Oh:
I grew up never seeing myself on-screen, and it's really important to me to give people who look like me a chance to see themselves. I want to see myself as the hero of any story. I want to see myself save the world from the bomb.Anjelica Huston
- I do like the ocean wave, actually. I'm born under the sign of Cancer-the sign of the crab-so I like coastal areas and sunny beaches and such-although not the wide-open and deep seas.
- My father (director John Huston) was extremely loving to me and funny and wise and understanding, and at other times extremely demanding, critical, calculating, exacting. When you're a young woman, I think you want to please a lot, so maybe you accept more of the criticism than you would as an older person. But criticism can be very wounding. It certainly was to me.
A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life.Jennifer Saunders, from Absolutely Fabulous
Men would find it much harder because men have such odd personal relationships with each other. They don't really emotionally connect, whereas women do. I think women become very close.Lindsay Lohan
Beauty is grace and confidence. I've learned to accept and appreciate what nature gave me.Cyndi Lauper
- Humour is a great vehicle for getting a message across. If you get too serious, you could die of starch.
- I get the greatest feeling when I'm singing. It's other-worldly. Your feet are anchored into the Earth and into this energy force that comes up through your feet and goes up the top of your head and maybe you're holding hands with the angels or the stars, I have no idea.
I respect knowledge of the psyche. I would be a therapist if I weren't an entertainer.Helen Keller
- Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.
- Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings.
- Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
- I am scared of becoming a mother.
- I don't think I'm particularly beautiful at all.
- Solitude has its own very strange beauty to it.
- There is no definition of beauty, but when you can see someone's spirit coming through, something unexplainable, that's beautiful to me.