When dating Scorpio, don't forget that no two are alike. The Scorpion will back up with stinger raised if you act like you've got their number. They detest assumptions, since they know they are an enigma wrapped in a mystery.
To win Scorpio, be yourself, and yet cultivate an air of mysterious discovery in the getting-to-know-you phase. Scorpio is a born detective, and loves relationships that are always revealing new layers.
For more on how Scorpio loves, look at the Venus and Mars signs. For more on the deeper emotional nature, look to the Moon sign.
First, What Not to Do
- Don't tell lies to impress, since you WILL be found out.
- Don't ask too many personal questions in the beginning.
- Don't give away your power, as that's a sure way to lose respect.
- Check your motives for getting together. If they involve using Scorpio in any way, better think twice.
- Don't try to boss Scorpio around.
- Don't underestimate their ability to get their way.
- Don't try to compete with Scorpio.
- Don't fall into self-pity or wallow in insecurity.
- Don't assume you're a couple too soon.
- Don't tell friends the intimate details of your relationship.
- Don't post private things about Scorpio on Facebook.
- Don't tag them, either, unless you get their permission.
To Do (with Scorpio)
- Do dress seductively.
- Pick places to eat or meet that seem like secret rendezvous points.
- Do listen with sincere interest.
- Share stories that have emotional substance.
- Talk about your own passions.
- Suggest going to see movies with a complex mystery in the plot.
- Do display confidence in yourself.
- Support Scorpio, but don't be patronizing or show cloying sympathy.
- Give thoughtful gifts based on something you remember hearing Scorpio say.
- Plan a get-away where nobody knows where you are.
- Cultivate a sense of private intimacy.