- This idea of selfishness as a virtue, as opposed to generosity: That, to me, is unnatural.
- Successful model? That's a myth. The year I modeled was the most painful year of my life. Editors would always talk to you in the third person as though you were merely a piece of merchandise.
Other people's perspective, just seeing the sexy image, might be that I take my sexuality very seriously. But I really don't. I like being sexy. It's fun, and I have had a nice little career off it.Debra Winger
I don't believe in careers. I believe in work. I'm not interested in some 'big picture that would be really good for me'.Candice Bergen
I have never appreciated a quiet moment with a friend as much, a quiet moment with a book and I think part of that is my obsession with being older and time going faster and it's become increasingly sweeter for me.Martha Graham
- The body is a sacred garment.
- The body is your instrument in dance, but your art is outside that creature, the body.
- The body never lies.
- The body says what words cannot.
I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.
Once you've reached the point where you can pay rent, you can go to the vet and you can go to the grocery store, after that point it's all the same. I don't have the appetite for a decadent lifestyle.Katharine Hepburn
- As for me, prizes are nothing. My prize is my work.
- I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.
- I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex.
- If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire life - that great sense of expectation and excitement without the disappointment - that would be the perfect state.
- If you know you are going to fail, then fail gloriously.
- I'm very happy at home. I love to just hang out with my daughter, I love to work in my garden. I'm not a gaping hole of need.
- It's hard sometimes if you think a character should look a certain way and you're being pushed to do it differently. I've had fights over that. That's why it's so important that you work with good people.
- My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue what you're doing.
- The secret to using power is not to use it. Just having it is enough.
- I love to swim in the nude and roam around the house in the nude. You're just as free as a bird!
- I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me.
- I was never the girl next door.