The Moon orbits one full turn around the Earth in 28 days. And as it does, it passes through each of the Zodiac signs for about 2 to 2 1/2 days. The sign of the Moon on any given day broadcasts the subtle emotional undercurrent. Like the mystery of the lunar pull, it's hard to put your finger on, but something felt, like a background hum or wave.
It's a fleeting mood that you can follow to help you plan your week. Following the Moon through its signs and phases takes you out of artificial time, and into natural time. The more you tune into the lunar rhythm, the more it'll come into the foreground for you. You can discover your own power days for every particular life situation by following the Moon.
You can also look at the Current Chart to see where the Moon is right now.
When the Moon is in Aries:
- Fresh Starts: the courage to act, momentum, big bursts of energy, new beginnings, taking the road less traveled, being a leader, doing it on your own.
- Just Being: directness, innocence, feeling separate, personal authority, responsibility for your own life.
- The Fighter: taking risks, not backing down from a confrontation, courage.
- Watch out for: aggressive attitude, harshness toward others, taking dangerous physical risks, picking fights.
When the Moon is in Taurus:
- Wealth: resources, income, material possessions.
- Valuing the Self: having strong boundaries, making the most of your natural talents
- Sensuality: body pleasure, comforts, touch, affection, delight in the five senses.
- Contentment: total relaxation, appreciation for the natural world, reveling in life, deep satisfaction, gratitude
- Watch out for: rigid opinions, sluggish energy, stagnating, clutching on to people and things
When the Moon is in Gemini:
- Sociability: quick wit, craving variety, short exchanges
- Mental Flexibility: logical, seeing all sides, fast analysis, clever
- In Motion: driving, getting around, on the move, short trips
- Society's Buzz: local media, the Internet, gossip
- Relating: schoolmates, colleagues, siblings, extended family, roommates.
- Watch Out For: frazzled mind, impulsive mischief or telling white lies, superficiality, being disingenuous, flaking out.
When the Moon is in Cancer:
- Intimacy: compassion, soul laid bare, tenderness, nurturing
- Emotions: moodiness, sensitivity to feelings, heart-felt understanding
- Home Life: envelopment in the familiar, emotional roots, mother, need to belong
- Watch Out For: lack of confidence, hiding out of fear; shutting down, defensiveness, insecurity, dependence on others, smothering.
When the Moon is in Leo:
- Self-Expression: passion for own ideas, eagerness to give to an audience, creative ambition
- Fun and Games: celebrations, play, vacation, exhilarating risks
- The Drama of Love: happy together, surprising with gifts, indulging in luxuries, treating like a queen or king, loyalty
- Watch Out For: ego taking over, insufferable self-centeredness, selfishness, winning at the expense of others.
When the Moon is in Virgo:
- Working Life: co-workers, daily rhythm, side jobs, 'to-do' list
- Health: exercise, moderation, healthy habits, alternative healing
- Getting Organized: tending to details, tidying up, being efficient, checking the dayplanner
- Discernment: critical thinking, calm in a crisis, can plan out the steps
- Watch Out For: anxiety about what could go wrong, overthinking an issue, pointing fingers.
When the Moon is in Libra:
- Partnership: marriage, collaborating, sharing responsibilities, relying on another, cooperation
- Artful Life: design, high culture, elegance, aesthetically pleasing, sophistication, style
- Balance: Weighing opposing views, mediating, instinct for equality, negotiations, legal issues
- Watch Out For: losing yourself in a relationship, being a yes man or woman, talking too much, indecision.
When the Moon is in Scorpio:
- Power Struggles: picking up on hidden agendas, personal ambition
- Holding Your Own: emotional strength, perseverance
- Change: forgiveness, transmuting toxic emotions, release
- Merging: Sex, kindred spirits, psychic entanglement
- Watch Out For: revenge fantasies, resentment, blind rages, paranoia
When the Moon is in Sagittarius:
- Free Spiritedness: nature, travel, adventure, questing, exploring, discovering
- Knowledge-seeking: higher education, moral conscience, spiritual wisdom
- Open to Life: faith in the process, super friendly, quick to help, spontaneous
- Watch Out For: missing the nuances, harsh honesty, skipping important steps.
When the Moon is in Capricorn:
- Substance: clear with life goals, resourceful, enduring, overcoming
- Status and Authority: making your mark, mindful of your role in society at large, making contacts, recognition
- Being Responsible: commitment, high standards, mature
- Watch Out For: being too serious, authoritative, rigid, closed to innovation
When the Moon is in Aquarius:
- Fringey: Going off on a tangent, sudden shifts, quirks and nuttiness
- Friend Circles: associations, networking, coming together for a cause
- Innovation: high tech, genius breakthroughs, futuristic ideas
- Detached View: seeing how things are connected, working for the common good, being a champion for humanity
- Watch out for: head in the clouds, rigid opinions, stubborn, hard to relate one-on-one.
When the Moon is in Pisces:
- Imagery and Illusion: vivid imagination, fantasy, dreaming, lostness, surreality, overwhelm
- Sensitivity: loss of boundaries, tuning in to currents of energy, compassion
- Divine Guidance: mysticism, solitude, being a seeker, longing for God/Goddess, unseen helpers
- Watch out for: being a victim, helplessness, anxiety, surrendering to others, addictions.