This dance of Gemini-Eclipses ( beginning December 2010) has put the worldview on the stretching machine -- often out of necessity. The old way of seeing no longer makes sense! It pries open questions like how do we know, what we know? As the outer planets rock our individual and collective worlds, these eclipses tease out new ways to see, and a quest to know.
Sagittarius is the sign of the philosopher, that word meaning one who loves wisdom. We find kindred spirits and guiding messages by staying close to that current of our own inspiration. This June 4th Full Moon and Lunar eclipse takes us beyond just absorbing information, to making sense of it. If reality these days is in a state of fluid flux, what guiding principles or aspirations can be a torchlight for the path?
The Sagittarius Full Moon, with Sun in Gemini is at 14 degrees (and 14') of of these two mutable signs. If you have planets or points in mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces), within 5 degrees of 14 Gemini, this eclipse could rock your world (view). And look to this Gemini-Sagittarius axis on your chart, to see what's on high beams.Some Full Moon themes:
- Acting and expressing yourself with vigor, on the courage of your convictions.
- Speaking and listening to the universe -- watching for synchronicity, encouragement, allies.
- Going beyond self-censorship, to trusting the instinctual self, together with other intelligences.
- Keeping your eyes on the prize -- putting your 'calling' first, the one that serves the whole, too.
- Moving swiftly away from dizzying distractions; moving in direction of what has significance, truth.
- To act and speak from a knowing that's intuitive or of a higher consciousness.
- To free up what's meaningful from the flooding deluge of information out there.
The June 4th Sagittarius Full Moon, with Sun in Gemini, is a partial lunar eclipse, too. The home planet Earth is casting a shadow on the Moon. You could say too that the Earth is getting the direct solar consciousness-tweaking upgrade.
It's the liberating cheering on, as follow-up to the Gemini New Moon and solar eclipse (May 20th). The directional is toward Jupiter (Sagittarius' ruler), the planet of luck and flourishing as a trusting child of the universe.
Jupiter in earth sign Taurus (to July) has shown us how to grow our roots deep in the dirt of home base in the universe -- Earth. Through intimacy with nature, and in synch with natural rhythms, we're ready to receive these expanding pulses from the great beyond. All the while expanding and deepening awareness about where we stand (values, natural wisdom, practical resources, what sustains).Something Higher
The personal planets Venus and Mars are exactly square -- in tension -- at this eclipse. The break ups or sudden changes in love, can be prompted by mercurial differences. Just realizing that 'we don't see eye to eye' and that being a sticking point, that plays out in day-to-day life. As life-altering information comes in, how much can we change? What habits of thought are we pushing against, ready for a breakthrough?
The changeable lover (Venus Gemini) is retrograde, and about to cross the face of the Sun (known as the Transit of Venus, June 5/6th). There can be frustration with how things are, and yet, the ground is laid here for epiphanies that frame things from a higher perspective.
Mars in the persistent sign of Virgo is in a revving up T-square to both Venus and the Sadge Moon. We can drive each other crazy, in the pressure to be perfect or understand something that's defying logical explanations. It's best to stop beating a dead horse, and to let it rot, says Chad of Kosmic Mind. A higher wisdom comes through when we're able to break out of that crazed thought loop, driven by habit. Says Chad, "This Eclipse is, needless to say, expansive--it offers the message of needing to be totally open, vulnerable, and naked to the unknown and the unfathomable dimensions of existence."Questions, Affirming the Trusting Seeking Child
- What am I driving myself crazy with? What's creating physical stress trying to figure out?
- Where are the bright spots in this whole societal collapse scenario? How is it freeing me to just go for it!?
- Where am I aimed? What values can be my compass no matter what happens?
- What areas call out for more trust in how it's all unfolding?
- Where can I skip out of any groove of fear of what's happening (personally or in the world), and into the awe and intrigue of it? In what ways has my life prepared me for this moment in time?
- In what area is it time to move beyond gathering experiences and information, and to trust my knowing?
- What fascinations keep my mind engaged, with the joy of learning?
- How can I share my own quest for meaning more widely? By doing so, I find kindred spirits and experience the shared sense of wonder of living in this extraordinary time!