The New Moon in Aquarius is on February 10th at 2:20 am (Eastern US time). So begins the Year of the (Water) Snake. The Waterbearer invites us to draw down energies -- see what's up with Aquarius New Moon in the Houses.Water, Water Everywhere!
The New Moon chart is a doozie. A lunation in the sign of the (cosmic) Waterbearer, comes with a stellium in oceanic Pisces. There's harmonious flow to the healing force of Saturn in Scorpio (more water). AND it's the first day of the Year of the Water Snake.
The emotional-psychic waves churn deep, and bring much that's drifted to the bottom (denied, repressed) to the surface. Keep the purging effect in mind, if you're experiencing unusual highs and lows.
On an individual level, and then in the various circles ever wider outward, there's a reckoning, and a chance for authentic healing. But there can be some raw crazy churned up -- avoid crowded places if possible. Much will depend on the atmosphere you choose for yourself. Give yourself the gift of calm, to stay present through the inner tsunami. The right friends, music, environmental input makes all the difference.Dream or Nightmare
The air element is in square to the water element -- for rare objectivity, and ability to shapeshift the traumas of the past, into something new. It's a time of experimentation, moving into new fascinations and inspirations. The penetrating insight into currents of the psyche can be translated and broadcast in some way.
The Messenger and Waterbearer (Gemini-Aquarius) are symbolic allies, to tune in to a new narrative for what's happening. The deep insights inform your genius, and might even give you a warped sense of humor -- to laugh at the absurdity of it all!
Jupiter now in full-steam ahead direct mode ( in Gemini) is square to the Pisces planets (Mercury, Mars, Neptune). And Venus in Aqua is squaring Saturn (nearly exactly). If we are able to ride the waves, some of them shockwaves, the rewards are huge! A new sense of freedom is possible, from this catharsis. The path to growth is through being adaptable and releasing energy knots.
The intensity of the New Moon will likely last through early next week, that begins February 11th. New Moons always come with the advice to surrender, to the process, and this is especially important here. Ask for highest healing, and listen to your own guidance moment-to-moment.Lunar Imbolc
This New Moon is considered auspicious as a doorway to finer cosmic vibes. It's Lunar Imbolc, or Candlemas. It's time for idealism, and welcoming fine fresh vibes and possibilities. All is new, as the Sun grows stronger everyday, and we sense Spring just around the corner. At Imbolc, we light candles and ask for faith to see us through the last days of winter.
Aquarius is about shared energies, in groups, making this key for coming together in ritual. You'll want to be sure you're on the same wavelength, since group harmonics play an important role now. If you're not in synch with your current circle of friends and colleagues, go out and seek those that are an inspired match. This New Moon is about allies for the future, who are tuned in to the highest vision for the whole.
What's in the Air:
- brainstorming innovations
- emotional detachment, but with egalitarian attitude
- global networking for causes, social change
- virtual meditations for peace
- awareness of interconnectivity
- making decisions for the Whole
- glamour and futurism
- shocks to the status quo
- united communities
- Power to the People!
- ahead-of-its-time thinking
- Thoughts are Things.
New Moon in Aquarius themes:
- Upgrade the quality of your thoughts.
- Hit the reset button of your mind.
- Rising above polarizing left/right paradigms.
- divination: divining the future.
- Connecting with like minds, as part of "evolutionary" family.
- Letting go of negative influences on your mind.
- Freeing yourself from mind control.
- Being your own guru, authority, wise one.
- Contributing to the collective visioning process.
It's a Good Time to:
- show appreciation to your colleagues
- join an association, union, club, group or party circuit
- develop a privacy barrier in your virtual life
- meditation, pray, do yoga or any other focused moving art
- fish around your imagination for a genius idea
- break out of your mental boxes
- Shake up your routine, to see life from new angles
- make friends with someone eccentric
- let your own freak flag fly
- join with those creating the future you want to see
- be a visionary
- be a revolutionary
- be free