When the Moon is new in Cancer the Sun is also in Cancer. This year's Cancer New Moon is July 18th (9:24 pm Pacific), for US East Coast it's exact July 19th just after midnight (12:24 am), and UT/London is 4:24 am.
The New Moon is a time of fresh starts -- in this feeling water sign, it's time to refill the well. Find a refuge where it's safe to feel, and rest, be renewed. You can set intentions that grow with the lunar light and reach fruition at the Full Moon.
New Moon in Cancer themes:
- security, financial and emotional
- the need for nurturing and intimacy
- the longing for a home
- women and 'mothering'
- homesickness for family life
- emotional impressions around motherhood or relationship to Mother
- childhood memories and embedded patterns of behavior
- the desire to cuddle and know true intimacy
- home comforts and feeling safe
- imaginative gifts
- emotional intelligence
It's a Good Time to:
- Dare to be honest about what you're feeling.
- Share your heart with someone you trust.
- Start an artistic project and protect it in its infancy.
- Get to the bottom of irrational fears, needless worry, dependencies.
- Looking at where you've grown too 'soft' and childish.
- Consider how you self-soothe, and find healthy ways to refill the well.
- Look at your emotional roots, and open to deep healing.