In her article on the Cardinal Cross Years, 2010 to 2012, astrologer Jessica Murray reminds us of that saying, "there are no atheists in foxholes." The world is in distress, even as something new is being born, and we need all our sources of spiritual comfort close now.
Jessica writes, "It becomes clearer with each new headline in the morning newspaper that what humanity needs right now is not just knowledge, but wisdom." That doesn't mean figuring it all out. It often means the opposite -- knowing that some things will always be a mystery. Wisdom gives us faith to make it through uncertain times.Some ideas:
- Seeking out inspiring authors, musicians, artists, speakers, philosophers, friends, teachers.
- Keeping a journal/scrapbook with your collection of favorite quotes, images, words of wisdom, personal insights.
- Pray in your own way.
- Spend time alone, to hear your own guidance.
- Trust that you're able to cultivate and deepen your wisdom.
- Spend time in sacred places -- a cathedral, a grove, by the ocean, your garden.