Whatever you're going through, the odds are very high, that you're not alone. Many of us deal with social isolation, even as the 'net connects us to the whole world.
The Hopi said the 'time of the lone wolf is over' and to celebrate your connections. This is the way to break that shell of isolation, and find common ground, mutual support and friends!
- Attend 12-step meetings.
- Start a prayer or intention-setting group.
- Start a band, theater or dance company.
- Create a mini community with your housemates and neighbors.
- Volunteer and make friends with other volunteers.
- Start a potluck dinner club to share expenses and enjoy each other's company.
- Join or start a community garden.