- In tropical astrology, which is based on the Sun-Earth relationship, Capricorn begins at the auspicious time of Winter Solstice. The dates are different each year, but fall from December 21/22 to January 21/22nd.
- The symbol is the mountain goat, known to climb impossibly steep mountains. Capricorns are similarly known to show rare persistence, and seek out goals that have a high degree of difficulty. The lesser known symbol is the mythic Seagoat, an all-terrain creature, who plumbs the depths of the ocean, and climbs the highest peaks!
- Capricorn rules the body's structure, like joints, especially the knees, and the health of the bones, teeth and skin. Capricorn teens have strong bodies, with a strong constitution.
- Capricorn begins at Winter Solstice, the longest night (shortest day). In the dark, it's the turning point, when the Sun will begin its seasonal return toward Spring and sunnier days. The Capricorn teen is made of solid stuff, resourcefulness to see through the winter, and quiet faith that what they've carefully developed will eventually come to fruition.
Did you hear that Capricorn's age backwards? So keep that in mind if people call you mature, serious, even adult-like. There's a lot on your young shoulders, and you hold yourself to high standards. That's why you're the achiever of the Zodiac, and sometimes considered hard to get to know.
Your reserved nature can be intimidating to more jokey types. But that doesn't mean you're not funny! Sometimes it takes a while for others to get your humor because it's on the dark side, or flavored with sarcasm. You are wiser than your years, and your humor shows that world weariness.
You don't like to be rushed into anything, especially friendship. Capricorn teens are often close to family, and interesting in family heritage. That grows out organically to include the region and nation, but often begins with a strong sense of place. You might enjoy researching your family tree, or asking older relatives questions about their time.Loyal Friend
You are more at ease than other signs around older people. And you might see eye-to-eye with many adults. You're a dependable friend, and chances are, you'll keep many of your high school friends into your own old age! See if you don't enjoy the old-fashioned rituals of friendship, like writing letters in long form and sending by snail mail.
You're wary of getting into anything too serious, and it's possible you'll date friends you've been friends with a long time. It's important for you to be sure of someone's character, before you go anywhere with them. It's good to honor that quality, since it can lead you to experiences of love with the depth you want, but also not too fast. When in doubt or overwhelmed, slow down! And spend time alone, as this is how you restore your sense of balance.Power and Control
A key to your nature is being in control of yourself. And you've got this to a greater degree than other signs. You're simply obsessed with making the best use of your time and resources. And you're willing to endure extreme difficulties to achieve your goals.
You're the uphill climber of the Zodiac, and it seems at times that life piles more on your plate than on others. As a young person, you can seem to have the weight of the world on your shoulders. It's not your style to coast and wish for the best. You put effort into your schoolwork, and any activities you choose to explore. You are very ambitious, and are willing to put in the time, to be good at what you do.Stuff and Work
You're an earth sign, and the one that begins the cycle (cardinal). You are born with a strong desire to make your mark. You might show a talent for a job, while a teen, that gives you some early independence. It's possible you're the one saving for a big ticket item, like a telescope, a scooter, or for that day you step out on your own. You're the one who others marvel at, for working your way through school, or rising to leadership at your part time job.
The Capricorn teen is often given many responsibilities, because you're trusted and can handle it. This is a sign of high ethics, when there's a sense of service there. Your good name at school or within your family is a source of pride. You really thrive when you cultivate strong friendships, so you don't always feel you're going it alone.Capricorn’s Traditional Correspondences
- Capricorn's element is Earth. Teen earth signs are achievement-oriented, like to be useful, and have sharp senses.
- Capricorn's quality is Cardinal for initiating, sustained effort to make a big impact!
- Capricorn's ruler is Saturn, the planet of structure, wisdom-through-experience and courage to face fears.
- Capricorn's opposite sign is Cancer.
- You've got a secret stash of reserves, which is why you’re the achiever of the Zodiac. You're not one to make a big deal of all you've dealt with, but others sense it in your character.
- It's not uncommon for Capricorn teens to be overwhelmed by the sense that Life is hard. Be sure to go toward what lifts your spirits, and take time to do things just for fun. Resolve to be your own best friend!
- Some Capricorn teens are on the conservative side, drawn to clubs and junior achievement programs that bring some status among peers. You pride yourself on having a good reputation.
- The Capricorn teen has a wicked sense of humor, and is a sharp observer of life and people.