The Dates for Pisces change every year, so check an ephemeris if you're on the cusp. Sun into Pisces is the last of winter's quiet, a reflective time before the big bang of Spring. The dates, give or take a day, fall between February 18 and March 20.
Pisces' symbol -- the Fishes -- goes along with the elusive, slippery nature of these mysterious souls. Dreamy, artistic, empathic, otherworldly -- these describe many with strong Pisces signatures in the birth chart.
- Element is Water (malleable, enchanting).
- Quality is Mutable (changeable).
- Pisces is Feminine (magnetic, responsive)
- Polarity is Virgo.
- Ruler is Neptune; traditional ruler is Jupiter.
- Natural House is Twelfth.
- Phrase is "I believe."
- Body Association: feet.
- Season is on the verge of Spring.
- Colors are surprise creations of the sea or forest like iridescent, luminously lit from within, moss green, pearly, pure pink of the conch shell, sky blue and ocean green in magical places.
- Rules Neptunium, white gold, platinum.
- Birthstone is aquamarine.
- Other meaningful gemstones are chrysolite, moonstone, pearls, coral, amethyst, yellow calcite, white jade, green jasper, kyanite, nephrite.
Flowers the water lily, associated with Neptune (Pisces' ruler), roses, dandelions, carnations, cosmos, poppy, lotus, lavender, bat flower, orchid, Amazon lily, blue pendant ginger, poppy.
Animals are creatures of the sea, including dolphins, whales. Watery amphibians like frogs, salamanders. Exotic fish like clown, silver dollar, angelfish, butterfly fish, batfish. Water birds like flamingoes, cranes, storks, pelicans.
Pisces is caring and forgiving, awash in feelings, impressions and moods. They're a sign of complexity, but one strong inclination is toward retreat. This enables Pisces to be with the waves, and calm the inner waters (the psyche). Some are healers, artists, performers, musicians, or work in relief fields for people or animals.
At the extreme edges, Pisces is the lost child, easily victimized, and unable to establish boundaries of Self.
Pisces thrives when their multi-dimensionality is expressed through work and relationships. Their dreamlife is as real as their day in the topside world. They become empowered when they find enough solitude, and draw on their strong mystical connections.