The love planet Venus is a key to relationship happiness. When we’re attracted to someone, that person is triggering a need in the psyche. Venus is the social icebreaker that gets those initial sparks flying. She is the eye candy that tempts us to take the love plunge. Often we’re attracted to qualities we admire, and want to cultivate in ourselves.
After Venus lures us in, the factors that hold sway are the biggies like the Sun and Moon, whose needs must also be met in relationship. The Sun signs, or basic natures, have to mesh well, for Venus (and Mars) to be invited in long term. And the emotional needs of the Moon have a subtle say, too. But look to Venus for the kind of love trappings and atmosphere you crave. It is the garnish of the main dish, and what keeps love rich and satisfying. Venus rules how we enhance the everyday moment, so that first dates are a heightened experience.
Your Venus shows your taste in sensual indulgences, how you flirt, and the pace of romance. Do you rush in, or take your sweet time getting to know someone? Is your love life full of thrilling plot twists, or do you seek anchoring stability? Venus shows love made-to-order, as a reflection of your desires.
Mars and Lust: If Venus handles the mood of love, Mars turns up the sexual heat. Mars is the masculine thrust forward, the one in pursuit, while Venus is the magnetic presence. When Venus is aligned with Mars, so, too, are sex and love in a relationship. Venus harmony enhances good feelings together, while a Mars-Venus match adds some delicious tension.
- When Venus is in harmony, you share the same idea of a good time.
- When there is harmony, a conflict between Venus signs makes something seem off or discordant.
- Venus signs are seen in what kinds of dates are suggested, whether lowbrow or high culture, a private rendezvous or crowded one, gourmet or fast food.
- Venus is the allure, and so determines how we (especially women) make ourselves attractive to the opposite sex.
- In a marriage, Venus is what makes a house a home, with comforts and pleasures that bring it to life.
- When there’s compatibility, Venus makes marriage feel like a friendship, so that it’s sustained through times when sexual passion is a lesser priority.
- Venus determines how your values are conveyed through relationships, through things like loyalty, commitment and love’s continual renewal.
- A shadow side of Venus is overdoing “love” or its pursuit, at the expense of self-development; it becomes love without substance or boundaries.
- When the synastry is harmonious between two Venus signs, there’s a heart affinity, and desire to share pleasures of life together.
- There’s a great natural rapport when Venus is in the same element.
- Venus in masculine signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius) tends to make love sparks of passion and drama.
- Venus in feminine signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, Pisces) shares a flowing harmony that’s more receptive.
- Venus in the First House of personality and appearance graces you with a pleasing look that others respond to enthusiastically.
- If your Sun and Venus are aligned, this adds charm to your basic nature, and everyone wants to bask in your warmth.
- If your Moon is aligned with Venus, you’ve likely got a heart for artistic creation, and can express from the depths of your soul.
- If your Jupiter is aligned with Venus, you’re gifted with helpful friends and allies that bring abundant expansion to your life.