The Cancer guy is super sensitive, and often grows up shy. How open he is depends on whether he's learned that it's ok to trust others. The older Cancer wears a protective shell, and often appears aloof. But inside, he's still that same softy with the big heart.
Of all the signs, he's the most sensitive to rejection. That's why he likes to move toward love in an indirect way -- like a Crab. He doesn't want to rush into anything.The Cancer Guy
- is protective of his private life
- doesn't like to stand out, or be singled out
- has a natural affinity for women, and is especially close to his mother
- is most comfortable in his own home
- comes across as vulnerable, which brings out a protective instinct in others
- gets lost in his moods
- is easily wounded
- looks for emotional sure-things and financial stability
- A homey atmosphere together
- To create a family feeling
- To have emotional intimacy
- To build a stable life with enough food and money to feel secure
- To get to know each other's families
- To share a refuge -- home -- from the harsh world outside
- A genuine interest in his background, childhood, family.
- Comforting assurances of your affection.
- An emotionally safe situation, where his vulnerability won't be taken advantage of.
- Respect for his strength and sensitivity.
- A cozy setting with his favorite foods, warm lighting, private feel.
He gets affectionate and lets down his guard when he feels emotionally safe. Often that means on his own home turf, with all his comforts within arm's reach. Cancer men are orally oriented, starting with kissing, and covering the body landscape.
On the Down Side, he's emotionally manipulative, childish, defensive, rejecting, passively aggressive, brooding, self-pitying.
On the Bright Side, he is gentle, protective, home-oriented, great with kids, marriage material, a family man, devoted, domestic, loving, intuitive and sentimentally romantic.