American Indian Movement (AIM) Leader and Ojibwe elder Dennis Banks
The Sun, Moon and Stars are there to guide us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Men should take their knowledge from the Sun, the Moon and the Stars.
Live by love though the stars walk backward.
- Who knows the power that Saturn has over us, or Venus? But it is a vital power, rippling exquisitely through us all the time"
- We need not feel ashamed of flirting with the zodiac. The zodiac is well worth flirting with.
- The cosmos is a vast living body, of which we are still parts. The sun is a great heart whose tremors run through our smallest veins. The moon is a great nerve center from which we quiver forever. Who knows the power that Saturn has over us, or Venus? But it is a vital power, rippling exquisitely through us all the time.
Let the water settle, you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your being.
- The starry vault of heaven is in truth the open book of cosmic projection... ~Carl Jung
- We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more.
Astrology is just a finger pointing at reality.
Letitia Elizabeth Landon
I will look on the stars and look on thee, and read the page of thy destiny.
There is no better boat than a horoscope to help a man cross over the sea of life.
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves; we are underlings.
I find my zenith doth depend upon
A most auspicious star, whose influence
If now I court not, but omit, my fortunes
Will ever after droop.
You stars that reigned at my nativity, whose influence hath allotted death and hell.
Charles Dickens, Edwin Drood
[H]is gaze wandered from the windows to the stars, as if he would have read in them something that was hidden from him. Many of us would, if we could; but none of us so much as know our letters in the stars yet - or seem likely to do it in this state of existence - and few languages can be read until their alphabets are mastered.
Astrology is a language. If you understand this language, the sky speaks to you.
Failure or success seem to have been allotted to men by their stars. But they retain the power of wriggling, of fighting with their star or against it, and in the whole universe the only really interesting movement is this wriggle.
Look you, Doubloon, your zodiac here is the life of man in one round chapter. To begin: there's Aries, or the Ram - lecherous dog, he begets us; then, Taurus, or the Bull - he bumps us the first thing; then Gemini, or the Twins - that is, Virtue and Vice; we try to reach Virtue, when lo! comes Cancer the Crab, and drags us back; and here, going from Virtue, Leo, a roaring Lion, lies in the path - he gives a few fierce bites and surly dabs with his paw; we escape, and hail Virgo, the virgin! that's our first love; we marry and think to be happy for aye, when pop comes Libra, or the Scales - happiness weighed and found wanting; and while we are very sad about that, Lord! how we suddenly jump, as Scorpio, or the Scorpion, stings us in rear; we are curing the wound, when come the arrows all round; Sagittarius, or the Archer, is amusing himself. As we pluck out the shafts, stand aside! here's the battering-ram, Capricornus, or the Goat; full tilt, he comes rushing, and headlong we are tossed; when Aquarius, or the Waterbearer, pours out his whole deluge and drowns us; and, to wind up, with Pisces, or the Fishes, we sleep.