This year's Virgo Full Moon is on March 16th, 2014. It's exact at 10:08 am Pacific, 1:08 pm Eastern and 5:08 pm London/GMT. Find your time with the World Clock Converter.
When the Moon is full in Virgo, the Sun is in the opposite sign of Pisces . The Virgo-Pisces axis is symbolically charged at 26 degrees (and 2 minutes). So those with mutable sign energies (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces around that degree will feel likely it big time.
Both Virgo and Pisces are in play, as opposite and complimentary forces. Earth and water (Pisces) are both receptive and fluid. Virgo craves order and the satisfaction of feeling whole and productive. Pisces is the instinct to surrender, and give over to the forces of higher healing.
This Full Moon then is a balancing of daily stability through routine, with the need for unscheduled time. And it's the balancing of the impulse of self-improvement, with the healing that comes naturally from self-acceptance.
It's also the polarity of rationally working things out, and feeling certainty, versus the acceptance that many things remain mysteries. The need to have things worked out can become a way of dealing with a chaotic world. Being organized in every area is a strength of Virgo. But there are times to release what's out of your control, and put it in the hands of your higher, often veiled soul-self.
Some Virgo (Moon)-Pisces(Sun) themes:
- Searching for soul food through art, literature, music.
- Committing to daily practice, to bring shape to what's in the imagination.
- Establishing habits that integrate spirituality into your daily life.
- Devoting your time or talents to a higher cause.
- Marrying technique with the transcendent.
- Analyze your dreams.
Virgo is a mutable sign, known for refined physical sensitivity and the ability to adapt. Virgo is an earth sign that is realistic, process-oriented, analytical and health-minded.
Full Moon in Virgo: finding the order in chaos; refinement of the daily routine; purification; health & wellness; sincere effort; the desire to live with purpose; a devotion to duty and service; bringing healing to the dis-eased; purifying what's toxic.
This Full Moon illuminates: ailments of the mind-body-spirit that need attention; the steps to technically mastering a skill; the search for the craft in an artform; detoxification of the body.
It's a Good Time to:
- Map out the steps toward a goal, with daily routine in mind.
- Spend time alone, like taking a walk or reading.
- Resolve to be a born again virgin, and make sex sacred again.
- Take steps to improve your diet, cutting out toxins.
- Spend time caring for a child, the elderly or an animal in need.
- Set aside time each day to practice toward a goal.
- Organize your desk, garage, closet, bookshelf.
- Write letters or postcards.
- Take care of business that involves fine print.
- Research or edit
- Attend a literary event.