The New Moon in Gemini, is at 0º Gemini 21′ degrees! Here's the chart. Look to this house or planet (where you find that initiating degree of air sign Gemini) -- this is the energetic locale for interstellar winds of change. This is where there's potential for a big shake-up. Or what becomes a fascination vortex -- the life arena to see anew, with curious, alert eyes.
The New Moon is a time of beginnings. You can set intentions that grow with the lunar light and reach fruition at the Full Moon.Eclipse Time
Look here, it's also a solar eclipse, the first set of the year. That makes it a particularly powerful New Moon.
It's an annular (partial, from the Latin nulus, meaning shaped like a ring) eclipse, and part two comes on June 4th at 14 degrees Sagittarius. The eclipse table shows the beginning of the Gemini-Sadge eclipse dance at the end of 2010. These perceptual teasers activate the seeker in all of us, often through events that are groundbreaking -- they knock us off our mental foundations.
These are mutable signs of the quest for greater understanding. The joy of learning is heightened. Many are opening to the experience of multi-dimensionality -- that we exist simultaneously in many worlds. Gemini is the magician and the winged messenger who sends communiques at high speed between these worlds. This is the atmosphere of the New Moon and eclipse, for startling messages that wake us up to a more expansive reality.Your Inner Translator
This is a right on lunation to root in your own trustworthy internal guidance system. What jams your signals? Get rid of it! Unplug from channels that disrupt, confuse and overwhelm your innate GPS.
Clear your receptors, by getting away from external frequencies when you can. The more you use that inner gadgetry -- the toolbox of all the intelligences (emotional, intuitive, intellectual, sensate and more) -- the more your trust grows. If you've been overwhelmed, use this New Moon to calm the crazy with some silence.
A mutable New Moon makes for a racing mind or restless mood, with possible physical agitation. It's wise to take a break from your own psyche (!), as my friend says, if you feel the mental mania.
Since mental racing here leads to stress, look for healthy escapes like a movie or book that's spiritually nourishing. Neptune is square to this New Moon, for fantastic voyages through the imagination. However, to get there, the mind needs soothing and settling.
Many of us are experiencing the anxiety that comes with change and the awareness of being at the crossroads. What will help on those sleepless nights? What takes you beyond that frantic echo chamber that's hard on the whole system - spirit, body and mind. Look to what elevates, or put that feverish intellect into something like spontaneous writing, music-making, poetry, chaos dancing or productive crafts and projects.
- a mental rebooting
- a breakdown of the matrix -- astonishing, at times frightening, ultimately liberating
- accepting paradox, in our traits and life stories, and in that of others
- being in the world, not of the world
- updating your style, adding something others might think is out of character
- swift, exciting changes
- doing two or more things at once
- brilliance, laughing at the absurdity of it all
- novelty, wit, fun, stimulating conversation
- attraction to mixers, talking with people from all walks of life
- impulse to learn, collect, gather, exchange knowledge
It's a Good Time to:
- Speak your mind confidently, while being open to the influx of the new.
- Share in the cosmic joke, make someone laugh - the ultimate gift!
- Pull in information from many sources, breathe life into your work with inspired lines of thought.
- Give descriptive life to your imagination (writing, drawing, dancing, painting, performing).
- Make your voice heard in your community.
- Have or attend a light soiree.
- Plant a butterfly or bee-attracting garden.